Some Facts (about Strawberries):
One serving (100 g) of strawberries contains approximately 33 kilocalories, is an excellent source of vitamin C, a good source of manganese, and provides several other vitamins and dietary minerals in lesser amounts.
Few studies have directly examined the effects of eating strawberries on human health. However, limited research indicates that strawberry consumption may be associated with a decreased cardiovascular disease risk and that phytochemicals present in strawberries have anti-inflammatory or anticancer properties in laboratory studies.
Epidemiological studies have associated strawberry consumption with lower rates of hypertension, inflammation, cancer, and death from cardiovascular diseases. Certain studies have suggested that strawberry consumption may have beneficial effects in humans such as lowering blood LDL cholesterol levels, total cholesterol, reducing the oxidation of LDL cholesterol, and decreasing the spike in blood sugar after high sugar meals and the spike in blood cholesterol seen after high-fat meals.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) ginger ale (or Sprite), divided
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1-2 mint leaves
Preperation: (Makes 4 Servings)
1. Combine 1.5 cups ginger ale (or Sprite), strawberries, sugar and lime juice in blender; blend until smooth.
2. Pour remaining 1/2 cup ginger ale (or Sprite) into four glasses. Top with the smoothie in step one.
3. You may garnish it with mint leaves
Disclaimer: This recipe is not proprietary of Healing HandZ Physical Therapy. The recipe was originally taken from some external source and were then modified to make it healthier & more delicious.
The core intention of these postings is to motivate and encourage our community to follow and adapt natural and healthy lifestyle.